The Victorian Drama League hosts an annual awards event as a way to celebrate community theatre in Victoria and bring together all those involved, keeping us connected and feeling supported. It is also a chance for our peers to recognise each other’s outstanding work throughout the year and to continue to foster our mutual love of theatre.
The Awards Dinner typically takes place on the first Sunday of December each year and has been running since 1997.
For a list of past award recipients, please visit Previous Awards Recipients.
If you would like to enter a production into the next Awards event, please:
- Log in to your VDL member account
- If you have not already created a record for the Play that you would like to enter, create it
- From the Play record, you can submit your Awards entry
- Remember to read the Award Rules as all Entrants are required to abide by them.
- NB: All theatre companies entering the Awards must lodge their COVIDsafe plan with the VDL otherwise adjudicators will not be able to attend your theatre.