If you have a current VDL Group Victorian membership, you are welcome to enter a production in the annual VDL Awards.
The VDL is now accepting entries from Community Theatre in Victoria for 2021. We are unable to accept entries for:
- School Productions
Closing Dates for Entries:
- The closing date for entering a production is April 30. There will be some flexibility for companies to finalise their entry up until May 31, HOWEVER you must notify the Awards Convenor Dru Bartlett – – if that is the case so she knows what to prepare for.
- Companies may enter up to one Drama AND one Comedy.
- Productions must be staged by the end of October.
- Companies must submit their COVID Safe plan to the VDL in order for adjudicators to attend your production.
2021 – $100 per entry
Submit Your Entry
- Log in to your group’s VDL account.
- Every Awards Entry belongs to a Play. If the play has no What’s On Notice,
Go to My Profile > My VDL Content > My Plays and create it. Ensure you SAVE it.
- The Award Entry is created from the Play record:
Go to My Profile > My VDL Content > My VDL Awards.
- Find the required Play: Plays are sorted according to start date, in descending order. (If the Play is not in the list, you need to create it first: See How to Submit Your Play for What’s On.)
- For an eligible Play, Click the ‘Start Entry’ button for the Play: You will now be on the ‘Create VDL Awards Entry’ screen.
- Fill in all fields possible, including the contact details fields for your Entry.
- Press ‘Save Entry Draft’ button.
- Click the ‘Submit Entry’ button
- Press ‘Add Entry to Cart” button – cart contents displayed
- Click the ‘Proceed to Cart’ button
- Click the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ button to select the method of payment
- Fill out any required fields on the Checkout page, and tick the T&C box and select your payment method and click the ‘Place Order’ button:
- Online payment:
- To pay online immediately using either PayPal or a credit card, select the PayPal option.
- Click the Proceed to PayPal button.
- You will redirected to the PayPal website, where you can choose to either login and pay with your PayPal account, or use the Pay With a Card option to pay with a credit card.
- After completing the payment, a confirmation message will be displayed.
- Click the Return to Seller’s Website button to return to the VDL website.
- Offline payment:
- To pay offline, select either the bank transfer or the cheque option.
- Click the Place Order button.
- Payment details for your selected payment method will be displayed, and the same details will be emailed to you.
- After the VDL has confirmed receipt of payment, your order will be marked complete.
- Online payment:
- Visit My Profile > My VDL Content > My VDL Awards to see the status of your Awards Entry: If you paid online, your entry status will be “Entry Paid, Awaiting Acceptance”. If you selected an offline payment method, the status will be “Entry Awaiting Payment”, and it will be updated once the VDL receives your payment.
- The next step is for a VDL Awards administrator to approve your Entry. After it has been approved:
- The status shown on your My VDL Awards page will change to “Entry Accepted”.
- The Entry will be displayed publicly in the Awards Entries list.
- An Awards Adjudicator will later contact you to arrange two complimentary tickets in order to view your production and begin the adjudication process.
Note: Future Editing
After play is cast, edit the award entry – add the cast and technical roles for Adjudication.
You can revisit and edit later after casting is complete.
- select ‘Cast and Technical Roles’
- Complete the details and save it
- You can revisit this up to a week prior to play open and make edits.