Announcement: The 2020 Awards program has been cancelled due to the impact of Covid-19 on the cancellation of theatrical seasons across the board. The VDL Awards will be back in 2021 so stay tuned!
If you have a current VDL Group Victorian membership, you are welcome to enter a production in the annual VDL Awards.
The VDL will accept entries from Community Theatre in Victoria for 2021 when Entries open late 2020. We are unable to accept entries for:
- School Productions
Closing Dates for Entries:
- productions staged in January/February must be received by 1st January
- productions staged in March/April must be received by by 1st February
- All other productions (May to end October) must be received by by 1st April
2020 – $100.
2021 – t.b.a.
Submit Your Entry
- Log in to your group’s VDL account.
- Every Awards Entry belongs to a Play. The Entry is created from the Play record: Go to My Profile > My VDL Content > My Plays.
- Find the required Play: Plays are sorted according to start date, in descending order. (If the Play is not in the list, you need to create it first: See How to Submit Your Play for What’s On.)
- Click the Edit button for the Play: You will now be on the Edit Play screen.
- Click the Awards Entry dropdown to open the Awards Entry section.
- Click the Create Draft button: A draft Awards Entry will be created.
- Fill in the contact details fields for your Entry.
- Click the Add Entry to Cart button: The entry will be added to your online shopping cart.
- Click the View Cart button to go to the Cart page. The contents of your shopping cart will be displayed.
- Click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Fill out any required fields on the Checkout page, and select your payment method:
- Online payment:
- To pay online immediately using either PayPal or a credit card, select the PayPal option.
- Click the Proceed to PayPal button.
- You will redirected to the PayPal website, where you can choose to either login and pay with your PayPal account, or use the Pay With a Card option to pay with a credit card.
- After completing the payment, a confirmation message will be displayed.
- Click the Return to Seller’s Website button to return to the VDL website.
- Offline payment:
- To pay offline, select either the bank transfer or the cheque option.
- Click the Place Order button.
- Payment details for your selected payment method will be displayed, and the same details will be emailed to you.
- After the VDL has confirmed receipt of payment, your order will be marked complete.
- Online payment:
- Visit My Profile > My VDL Content > My VDL Awards to see the status of your Awards Entry: If you paid online, your entry status will be “Entry Paid, Awaiting Acceptance”. If you selected an offline payment method, the status will be “Entry Awaiting Payment”, and it will be updated once the VDL receives your payment.
- The next step is for a VDL Awards administrator to approve your Entry. After it has been approved:
- The status shown on your My VDL Awards page will change to “Entry Accepted”.
- The Entry will be displayed publicly in the Awards Entries list.
- An Awards Adjudicator will later contact you to arrange two complimentary tickets in order to view your production and begin the adjudication process.